Skip to main content
Please wait...

Klosterruine Wörschweiler

A monastery was built on the mountain in 1131, very close to Schwarzenacker (Roman Museum). It was a Benedictine monastery under the priory of Hornbach Abbey. As early as 1171, the founders of the monastery, the Counts of Saar Werden, replaced the Benedictines and appointed Cistercians.

The priory became an abbey. The Cistercians expanded the modest Benedictine church into a larger Romanesque church, the remains of which can still be seen today on the monastery mountain.

Tourist-Info Homburg Talstraße 57a, 66424 Homburg /Saar Telefon (06841)101 - 820 E-Mail: