Ruinen der Burg-, Schloss- und Festungsanlage Homburg
In the 12th century, Hohenburg was the seat of the Counts of Homburg, who received city rights for their town at the foot of the Schlossberg in 1330. After the death of the last Count of Homburg in 1449, the castle and town fell to the Counts of Nassau-Saarbrücken. They built the castle into a fortified castle with bastions.
The French King Louis XIV let through his famous Fortress builder Sébastien Prestre de Vauban took over the castle
to expand a modern citadel.
Tourist-Info Homburg Talstraße 57a, 66424 Homburg /Saar Telefon (06841)101 - 820 E-Mail: email@example.com
Source - References