Venetian walls that cover the city of Nicosia, designed by Giulio Savorgano in 1567. The Walls were first called ´Porta Giuliana’ dedicated to the name of its designer. It was later renamed ‘Famagusta Gate’ as the gate opened onto the road that led to the harbour town of Famagusta. The place is now used for lectures, seminars and events.
Source - References